Sukanya samriddhi yojana
Sukanya samriddhi yojana was launched back in 2015 as part of the Beti Bachao Beti padhao campaign by the prime minister Narendra Modi. Under this scheme, a girl child can open a saving account in any national bank or post office. Parents who want to save money for their daughter’s education and marriage can open a savings account under this scheme.
Minimum RS.250 and maximum RS. 1.5 lakhs can be invested in sukanya samriddhi yojana in a single financial year.
- Two daughters in one family can take advantage of the sukanya samriddhi yojana.
- If there are three daughters, then the third daughter can not avail of the scheme’s benefits.
- In the case of twins, they can be benefited separately, and third children also can take advantage of the scheme.
- To open the saving account, the age of a girl child should be less than ten years.
In case of account holder dies, then the sukanya samriddhi yojana account can be closed. It is necessary to show the death certificate of the account holder. Amount invested will be returned to the parents with interest.Also, it can be closed after five years of the opening due to any reason.50% of the fund can be withdrawn from the account after completion of the 18 years.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Indian economy has been significantly impacted. Therefore, the government has announced a reduction in interest rates for small saving schemes, including sukanya samriddhi yojana. The annual rate of interest in the beneficiary account is 7.6 percent instead of the earlier 8.1 percent.
|Financial year||Interest rate|
|From April 1, 2014||9.1%|
|From April 1, 2015||9.2%|
|From April 1, 2016 -June 30, 2016||8.6%|
|From July 1, 2016-September 30, 2016||8.6%|
|From October 1, 2016-December 31, 2016||8.5%|
|From January 1, 2018 – March 31, 2018||8.3%|
|From April 1, 2018 -June 30, 2018||8.1%|
|From July 1, 2018 -September 30, 2018||8.1%|
|From October 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018||8.5%|
|From July 1, 2016||8.4%|
Authorized banks for sukanya samriddhi yojana
- Allahabad bank
- State bank of India
- Axis bank
- Andhra bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Bank of India
- Corporation bank
- The central bank of India
- Canara bank
- Dena bank
- Bank of Baroda
- State bank of Patiala
- State bank of Mysore
- Indian overseas bank
- Indian bank
- Punjab national bank
- IDBI Bank
- ICICI bank
- Syndicate bank
- State bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
- State bank of Travancore
- Oriental bank of commerce
- State bank of Hyderabad
- Punjab and sindh bank
- Union Bank of India
- Uco bank
- United bank of India
- Vijay bank
Benefits of PM Kanya Yojana
- Girls under age ten years can be benefited under this scheme.
- A maximum amount of 1.5 lakhs can be invested in a single financial year under the sukanya samriddhi yojana.
- You can easily secure the future of your daughter.
- This scheme will help in pursuing education and marriage.
- The depositor can deposit money till the completion of 14 years from the date of opening of the account.
- Aadhar card
- Parent and daughter photo
- Birth certificate
- Residence certificate
- PAN card(depositor)
- Driving license (depositor)
- Ration card(depositor)
Sukanya samriddhi yojana application form
All the interested beneficiaries should download the application form and filled the necessary information mentioned in the form.
After that, submit it to the desired bank or post office and the required documents attached to it.