Pradhan Mantri jan dhan yojana
Prime minister Narendra Modi launched Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana in 2014.it was started to give benefits of the banking and other saving account-related facilities to the people of the country. It was launched as a national mission for financial inclusion.
In this scheme, you can open a zero balance account in the bank.
Overdraft facility of Rs.5000 / – will be provided on accounts opened under this scheme, especially in women account.
Apart from this, accident insurance cover up to Rs 1 lakh will also be provided. Overdraft facility of Rs 5000 will be given after 6 months on accounts opened under PMJDY.
|Name of the scheme||Pradhan mantri jan dhan yojana|
|Launched by||Prime minister Narendra Modi|
|Objective||To connect to the banking sector.|
|Beneficiaries||People of the country|
- In this scheme child under age 10 can also open the account under the presence of his parents.
- Banks accounts can be open for singles, groups or business.
- You can also open the zero balance account to more people to advantage to take advantage of this scheme.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is the national mission for financial inclusion to ensure the use of banking, savings/deposit accounts, remittances, credit, insurance, pensions in an economical manner for financial services.
- So far, 38.22 crore beneficiaries have deposited Rs 117,015.50 crore in these free accounts across the country.
- The beneficiary should have citizenship of India.
- A 10-year-old child also avails of this scheme.
- The person having an identity card verified by government officials can open the zero balance account.
- To apply for this scheme one has to contact to concern bank.where he will application form from concern officer.
- You have to fill the application form and attach the required documents to the application form.
- After that, your application form will be checked and verified by the concerned bank, and if it is correct, then your account will be open.
What is pradhan mantri jan dhan yojana
The Central Government has started it. to connect people residing in rural areas with banking services.
Has this yojana been started only for those living in rural areas?
No, the benefit of the scheme can be availed by all groups and individuals living in rural and urban areas.
Is there any eligibility to open an account under this scheme?
No, there is no eligibility to open an account under this scheme.